Thursday, February 28, 2019

Day "T minus 2" in San Diego

It's Thursday, February 28th, and we picked up our bikes from the local bike shop (we had shipped them to San Diego via BikeFlights), adjusted them as needed, and then did a 20 mile 'shake-down' trip.

We included a climb up San Diego's Presidio to the Mission Hills district and the Japanese Friendship Garden:



There's just been a major renovation to the graden, to bring it more into line with the original vision of the garden designer, and when it fills out through growth it will be spectacular.

We also took in a Pacific Ocean sunset...



at 'Dog Beach' in San Diego:


Tomorrow is our 'orientation', prior to our departure on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. AH, that's when I called you about Auntie Carmen's phone number! She misses "her family". I'll call her today and read your blog to her...if she'll be patient enough to listen...Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom grew up in Mission Hills! Love that area - but some challenging hills - I know from doing my 3Day walk there twice. Enjoy your adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete